Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oklahoma Teacher/Administrator Goes To Japan


Clydia, wrote:

My trip to Japan is funded by UNESCO, IIE, and Fulbright with the express purposes of 48 American and 48 Japanese educators exploring concepts of "educating for sustainable development". The three principles of ESD are:

1. partnerships among community organizations (schools, foundations, universities, businesses, museums, symphonies, parks. . . )
2. contextualized--not just in classroom--learning. This may mean
natural--outdoor--contexts or cultural ones
3. self-designed learning formats. ith this in mind, your "green" statement in the email to which I'm responded, as well as the partnership opportunities, is perfected suited.



I, too, am interested in ways that OKITEA might partner with JASO and JOI, including this grant opportunity you are promoting.

As I survey teachers who have been included in OKITEA projects for some time, they tell me of their interest in sharing with their students that Asia is more than China. This was also the rationale that supported my submitting--and winning--the grant that will send me to Japan this Tuesday.

That said, currently much of OKITEA's funding comes from Chinese specific organizations. Please let me know the following:

If my participation in the grant is a possibility...YES>

When the deadline is: Rolling, I think, but I have not started to investigate the grant itself yet, until all JASO officers are on board...Avoiding wasting time!!

What is needed from me to facilitate the grant writing? Your ideas and knowledge of grant writing

No comments:

Followers

About Me

cbc: clayc@casady.org; 405-749-3103